Sunday, October 25, 2009

Team Building

Team building day at Norval was amazing for me, I learned a lot about my classmates and myself. My team worked really well together and I think it was really great how a bunch of totally different kids came together and helped eachother climb a 14 foot wall! Our group was really good about giving other people a chance to speak and having a leader to follow.

Of course our team had a few struggles here and there, but we always fixed our problems. We took a pretty long time to figure out a plan to get people over the wall, and there was a lot of trial and error. I think next time we should listen to other people more and be open minded. We also had some people fall off the wall but the team caught them, before they could hit the ground, and that shows really good teamwork.

I learned that it is good to have one or two leaders in a situation, and that we shouldn’t fight and argue because that doesn’t get us anywhere. I also learned a lot about being a member of a team, and trusting other people.

This day showed me that achieving goals is really possible when everyone works as a team and makes decisions together. You just have to plan it right and cooperate with your teammates.

At the end of the day I was really happy with my accomplishments, and I think this team building day brought our whole grade together and made us all friends. I also think the drum circle brought the whole middle school together, it was a really awesome experience.

Katie. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment