Monday, May 31, 2010

Blogging.

Blogs are a weekly event in the grade 8 classes, and for most people, a huge hassle. As I sit here writing this blog I am 2 blogs behind, and am currently using the spare time given after our LA exam to cram this in. We're all busy, whether with extracurriculars or just other homework, and no one wants to have a weekly hassle of having to write 3-5 paragraphs of original creativity.

Though the majority of grade 8s would disagree with me, I think blogs are a good thing and have helped me a lot throughout this year in improving my writing skills. As most experts say, practice makes perfect. And just like in sports where we practice every week, we should also practice our writing.

At the beginning of the year I was getting low 70s on all my blogs, and about midway through the year I began getting high 70s. Recently all my blogs have been marked within the mid 80 range, and I am extremely proud to have made that progress. Though I don't plan on becoming a writer, I am extremely glad that I acquired this skill and it also just motivates me knowing that I accomplished something like improving my grade in writing.

Though students may not like it, I highly recommend blogging as a weekly task as it has helped me enormously. Remember, it will start out as a pain in the butt, but no pain no gain!

No comments:

Post a Comment