Monday, May 31, 2010

Summer


I'm sitting on my boat in the middle of the lake. There is a hazy glow of sun gently touching the skin of my face. Summer is here, no need to think of due dates, or tests, early mornings, or essays. All I need to worry about is whether I want to go swimming to sunbathing.

Summer is my favourite season because I love how the weather is, warm during the day and then cool at night. I love never having to worry about the time, because there's just so much of it. The trees are electric green and flowers are blooming. The sun is glowing, shining high in the powder blue sky. Without a puffy cloud in sight. What's your favourite season?

This summer I'm going to Hungary for my cousins wedding. I am wearing a silver dress with nice ruffles. I am also spending two weeks at Muskoka Woods, one week I will be hanging out with my best friend Lena! I'm super excited! But what I'm really excited about is lounging by the pool with a cool tropical drink, tanning and when I get too hot submerging myself into the deep undersea world and leaving all of my thoughts behind.

Have you ever just sat in the sun and not had a care in the world? In the summer this is all I do. I just get to hangout and not care what day it is or if that thing I had to hand in is due tomorrow. Summer is just too short for all the things I want to do. If you've ever watched Phineas and Ferb you will have learned the valuable lesson to not ever waste a perfect minute of summer sun!

I commented on Alex Garcia's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment